Your email signature is often an unused resource that you may not realize can garner more leads. The email signature in question is the one you use for regular business email as well as even your personal email, but it can also work with autoresponder emails to help segment your audience better based on their behavior.
* Promote Your Events – Whenever there’s an event that you’re either attending, speaking at, or having yourself, your email is the perfect place to add a link to promote it. At the end after your name, why not state Don’t Miss My Event with a link so that people can join you if they choose? This is a great way to avoid missing people who you’d otherwise want to come.
* Add an Offer – Just like you can promote an event, you can also promote an offer. Use your space and words wisely. You want your email offer to be very special. A lot of the people getting this email from you may not be on your normal lists.
* Share Proof of Your Work – Include a link to case studies, testimonials, and quotes. You can title it something like “What others are saying about me” (or you can name the product that you sell too) with a link so that they can read all the different compliments written about you.
* Include a Scheduling Link – Another great thing to include is a link to your scheduling application. That way if they want your services, they can grab them. If you don’t have services to schedule, maybe they want to schedule an interview.
* Include a Video Sample – If you’re a speaker or have given workshops, providing a link to a video that shows what you do in action is a great way to show how awesome you are.
* Link to a Survey – If you want to gather information from your audience and your friends, send them surveys. Put your newest survey in your link and point it out by stating, “Go fill out this survey to get more value from me” or something like that.
* Link to Industry News – Want to show your expertise? If you read something interesting in the news, link to it in your signature line. Everyone needs to know what’s important and what better way to find out than by movers and shakers.
* Ensure Your Signature Works on Mobile Devices – Check your signature after you set it up to be sure it works, including all links. Also, check how it looks on mobile. This is essential because most people are checking email on mobile devices.
Use every means that you can to add leads to your autoresponder. Even if they are friends, this is a very non-aggressive way to bring them into your list and nurture them as customers or potential customers. As they say, leave no stone unturned in your marketing efforts. You never know when that one person will either become your best customer or your best affiliate.